Dr. Rajeev Prasad
Designation :Assistant Director (Academic) & Regional Director
Department : Academic
Working at : NIOS Regional Centre, Ranchi, Jharkhand
Office Phone : 0651-2217030, Fax: 0651-2217060
Personal Webpage : http://rajeeveducationalsociety.com
Qualification : M.Sc.(Chemistry), B.Ed, Ph.D(Organic Chemistry), PGDDE-IGNOU
· Research in ODL, Course Development for ODL Institutions, Development of Multimedia Programmes in Chemistry/ Organic Chemistry.
· 10 Years of Teaching Experience in Sr.Secondary Chemistry at PVSS DAV School, Koderma, Jharkhand.
· 1 Year Teaching Experience as Assistant Prof. Chemistry at DAV Engineering College, Daltonganj, Jharkhand.
· 5+ Year working experience as Academic Officer (Chemistry) at NIOS, Heqrt. Noida
· 3 Years as Regional Director, RC Gandhinagar, Gujarat
· Successful management of NIOS Regional Centre, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
· Successful Conduct of Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) & PDPET Course in Gujarat.
· Successful organisation of AKANSHA National Event at Gandhinagar.
· Developed new Vocational Course Diamond Grading and Assorter Course (639).
· Initiated official procedure for acquiring 2 Acres of Land for Regional Centre, Gandhinagar.
· Collaboration with SSA Gandhinagar for increase in enrolment in OBE Courses.
· Academic Collaboration between Swarnim Gujarat Sports University and National Institute of Open Schooling to develop new Vocational courses in Sports.
· Successful management of SAWAYAM online course in Sr. Secondary (Chemistry) course as PI.
· Several initiatives were taken to increase admissions in Vocational Course.
· Collaboration with J.K. Laxami Cement to increase enrolment in Academic and Vocational Courses.
· Good coordination with State Officials/K.V Sangathan
1. Life time Fellow membership of Indian Chemical Society,Kolkata, India, 2019
2. Member ofAmerican Chemical Society,Washington, DC, US,2019
1. Studies on the reactivity of amino and methyl groups in 3-Amino-2-methyl-3,4-dihydro-4-oxoquinazolines towards condensation with aldehydes. J.Chemtracks,11(2),389-392,2009
2. Synthesis and physiological activity of pyradazinoquinazolones from some 3-amino-2-alkyl/aryl-8-alkyl/alkoxy-quinazoloine-4(3H)-one, J. Chemtracks,11(2),527-534,2009
3. Oxidation of some amino acids by potassium hexacyanoferrate(III) in presence of Rh(III) chloride as catalyst in Acidic medium, a kinetic Study,J.Chemtracks,11(1),359-368,2009
4. Presented paper on Future Challenges in Green Chemistryat National seminar, Gaya College, Gaya, Bihar.
5. One Research Paper Titled Role of Mobile and Multimedia Technology in Open and Distance Learning is published in July-December 2012 issue of COMOSA Journal, NIOS.
6. Article Titled Chemistry in Everyday life is Published in Jan-June 2013 issue of Open Learning Magazine of NIOS.
7. Various articles/abstracts were published related to Chemistry in repute Journals/Magazines.
Assignments in Hand
Expected date of Completion
1. Allotment of 1.98 Acres of Land for Regional Centre, Ranchi, Jharkhand.
2. Revision of Sr. Secondary Chemistry Course
3. Development of AV Programmes SAWAYAM online course in Sr. Secondary (Chemistry) course as PI.
4. Starting of new Vocational Course Diamond Grading and Assorter Course (639) for Gujarat.
5.Completion of all work related to Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) & PDPET Course in Jharkhand.
6. Increase in Academic and Vocational admissions in Jharkhand